Eric Schafer, MD
Hip & Knee Specialist
DR. SCHAFER COMING TO BGO SEPTEMBER 2022
A Cincinnati Ohio native, Dr. Schafer attended college at the University of Notre Dame obtaining his degree in engineering. After finishing medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine, he chose a career in Orthopedics, specifically Joint Replacement, because he saw the immediate and beneficial impact on the lives of his patients. He completed fellowship at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, specializing in minimally invasive approaches, robotics, and revision surgery for Hip and Knee arthroplasty. He greatly enjoys helping patients with their complex orthopedic problems.
In his free time, Dr. Schafer enjoys spending his time with his wife and 4 children.
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Hip Fracture Repair & Reconstruction
- Robotic Assisted Total Knee Replacement
- Complex Revision Knee & Hip Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- University of Michigan
New England Baptist Hospital
- CHI - St. Joseph Main
- Bluegrass Specialty Surgery Center