The sub-specialty trained physicians at Bluegrass Orthopaedics offer care for patients with sports-related injuries, including:
- Acute traumatic or chronic injuries such as dislocations, bone fractures and ligament damage
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears
- Evaluation and treatment of fractures
- Joint dislocations
- Ligament and cartilage injuries
- Repetitive and overuse injuries such as tendonitis or bursitis
- Sports-related back injuries
- Sport-specific injuries in athletes of all ages
- Sprains and strains
At Bluegrass Orthopaedics, we recognize the importance of athletic training and its value to the communities in which we serve. Our athletic training outreach program provides professional healthcare coverage to a variety of organizations, including high schools, club sport programs, and weekend tournaments. Our team approach to this program is vital to its success - we utilize not only our Athletic Trainers, but also our Physicians and Physical Therapists. Central to this team is the Certified Athletic Trainer, a well-educated healthcare professional trained in the prevention, examination, recognition, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries that result from physical activity. Our Athletic Trainers collaborate closely with our physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. In the state of Kentucky, Athletic Trainers work under the direction of a physician as prescribed by the state licensure statutes.
Why Use Athletic Training Services?
Athletic Trainers provide medical services to all types of patients, not just athletes participating in sports. Athletic Trainers improve functional outcomes and specialize in patient education to prevent injury and re-injury. Preventative care provided by an Athletic Trainer has a positive return on investment for employers, as well. ATs are able to reduce injury and shorten rehabilitation time for their patients, which translates to lower absenteeism from work, school, and sports.
Community Outreach and Special Event Coverage
Bluegrass Orthopaedics has a sports medicine team that covers events such as youth sport leagues, games, and tournaments. This team consists of certified athletic trainers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Our highly regarded staff features an all-star team of fellowship-trained specialists. While sports medicine physicians care for high-level athletes, we also specialize in active seniors and the wellness of athletes of all ages. At our Sports Medicine and Physical Performance Center, as well at our Georgetown office, our team of orthopaedic specialists work closely together to evaluate and treat sports injuries. Our services include:
- Evaluation and treatment within 24 to 48 hours of an injury
- Treatment and casting of fractures
- Arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, including ACL surgery
- Custom and off-the-shelf athletic braces
- Physical rehabilitation services including physical therapy
- Sport-specific strength training and conditioning
- Easy access to other orthopedic specialties
- Expedited, advanced diagnostic imaging services
WE CAN HELP
TRUST THE BEST
Sports Medicine Team
Bluegrass Orthopaedics would like to congratulate Jeuarlet McClanahan as our latest Comeback Champion! Jeuarlet injured herself while doing an activity that she absolutely loves - aerial silks. "In April, I was training aerial rope and injured my arm, but had no idea of the severity. I kept training on it, but could feel something wasn't right. It wasn't until I reached out to my daughter's high school athletic trainer that I realized how significant the injury was."