Coronavirus Patient Safety Updates & Telemedicine Information
Bluegrass Orthopaedics (BGO) wants to assure you that, in unison with the guidelines set forth by the Commonwealth of Kentucky and national recommendations, BGO will continue to provide you with the highest level of orthopaedic care while practicing the principles of social distancing and preventative measures to curtail the transmission of COVID-19. Our priority is to protect the health and well-being of the communities we serve, our patients, and our staff, while still providing care to those who need it most. By remaining open, we are hoping to do our part to offload overwhelmed ERs to help protect and provide orthopaedic care for those in need during this trying health care situation. Our leadership team has implemented enhanced health and safety protocols to protect both our patients as well as our employees and physicians. This page outlines the steps we continue to make during this crisis.
- BGO will be actively screening every individual BEFORE they enter our facility - this includes both patients and individuals accompanying patients. Patients must pull up to the front door, and one of our employees will perform a screen at the entrance.
- BGO is asking that patients bring no more than ONE visitor to their appointment.
- BGO is asking everyone wear a face covering while in our clinic. If you do not have a face covering, you will be provided one at the time of your visit.
- BGO staff will be wearing medical-grade masks while in the office.
- BGO is encouraging self check-in online before your appointment, or utilizing your own smart devices during the check-in process.
- BGO physical therapy is open and seeing patients. Certain visits can be done utilizing our outpatient in the home program or our telemedicine platform. If a patient is being seen in our rehab department, continual steps will be enforced to ensure patient and staff safety.
- BGO will continue to sanitize our facilities throughout the day, as well as each evening. Common areas and popular touched areas are continually cleaned by our staff.
- BGO continues to offer our telemedicine platform for certain orthopaedic visits - please click here to learn more about this service.
BGO patients have been utilizing telemedicine since 2019, but we have expanded this service during the COVID-19 crisis. Our patients can use this service to visit with our physicians, physical therapists, and other medical providers via OrthoLive Telemedicine. These visits allow our patients to receive medical care from the comfort of their own homes. To learn more about this service, including step-by-step instructions, please visit our Telemedicine Page or call us at (859) 263-5140.
Elective surgeries will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and will begin ramping back up shortly. Please be patient with our surgery scheduling department as we work through this process. You should anticipate a call from your provider or contact them at (859)-263-5140 with any questions.
Our physical therapy and occupational therapy departments are open and seeing patients, but have adjusted their model to help distance patients from each other. Our staff will also be able to provide telemedicine appointments during this time.
- For patients, general questions about our plans, prevention and more, please refer them to the BGO at (859) 263-5140 (Monday - Friday: 8AM to 5PM) or reach us online here.