Vestibular disorders (inner ear/balance) include issues with:
- BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
- Visual disturbances
A thorough examination of symptoms, medical history, medications, etc. will always be performed to help determine the best course of treatment. Questions that may be asked during the examination include:
- When did the symptoms begin?
- Are your symptoms spontaneous or related to movement?
- What seems to trigger the symptoms? (ex. Turning over in bed, trying to read, unstable feeling)
- How long do the symptoms last when they occur? (seconds, minutes, hours?)
- Have you had any recent change in medications?
Vestibular rehabilitation aims to reduce or eliminate the symptoms patients suffer from these disorders through 4 primary methods.
- Exercises designed to help treat symptoms of dizziness that are brough on by positional changes or head movements. Example: turning over in bed or looking up to put in eye drops cause
- Exercises designed to improve control of eye movement so steady your vision during head movements. These are selected for patients whose symptoms are triggered specifically with eye movements. Example: trying to focus on text
- Exercises designed to help improve balance, stability, and reduce fall risk. These are selected for patients that are unstable due to their symptoms
BPPV Positional Movements
- Treatment that includes a series of head and body movements that your therapist will take you through in order to reposition loose calcium crystals in your inner ear
Our physical therapists will utilize the
appropriate means of treatment based on the patient's symptoms. Through skilled
vestibular rehabilitation therapy, our patients are able to make remarkable
improvements in their vestibular disorders.
We Can Help
Trust the Best
Extremely competent, professional. And friendly. Great!
We learned more in 5 minutes than we had learned in numerous visits to other doctors. Dr Harrod was kind and very informative. He spoke to us and not above us. I highly recommend Dr Harrod.
So glad I went to Dr O'Neill for my hand surgery. I could not be more pleased. No one wants to have surgery, but when you have to, it's so great to have all your questions answered and have great results!
Dr Favetto has now done 2 surgery’s on me. One on each thumb joint replacement. I would highly recommend Dr Favetto for any type of hand surgery. He is a great Dr and a great person.
I cannot believe how much better my leg & hip feel after just having the cortisone injected today! Thanks to all involved in my procedure this date!❣️🎃
Dr Huff and staff are wonderful. Have had 3 suergies with Dr Huff and have received wonderful care each time.
Dr. Favetto is very knowledgeable about his area of expertise. He explained things very carefully and in a kind manner. I would recommend his services to anyone who is having trouble with any hand issue.
Excellent Physician. Dr. Donegan has a great personality and treats his patients with kindness and respect. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions.
Saw Dr. Donegan's PA - same day appointment. He was able to diagnose me quickly and I have hope that I will be pain-free after PT.